Nacho Premiere League 2019
This year NPL returns with just a touch more planning, in order that it’s even more annoying when we disregard the rules altogether.
The NPL setup has FOUR goals:
- Everyone, no matter how fit or fat, has a reason to ride hard.
- Everyone knows what’s going on, gets into it, team tactics n’ shit.
- It’s relatively easy to score, while drunk.
- It Discourages bullshit / riding like a butthole
- Your NPL team will stay (mostly) persistent for each 4-week season.
- Starting teams will be balanced as best we can.
- Riders can be traded at any time, subject to league approval.
- Each rider has a designated position, which determines handicap (see scoring details).
- Not on a team? Email email@example.com or just show up, we’ll set you up.
- Game: The top three scores of the weekly game get league points
- 1st: 10pts
- 2nd: 6pts
- 3rd: 3pts
- PR: Riders score league points for PRs on the four significant segments (Fletcher, Parker, Zeeb, SGMGR). PRs do not count on your first Nachoride.
- PR = 2pts
- Prime: 2pts awarded for each prime sign (Fletcher, Parker, Zeeb)
- Best of the Rest: 2 league points for the Wagner Stop Ahead from the main group.
- Not Last: 1 league point for not being last.
Each team must have at least one rider of each position, each week. If you’re short a GC or Sprinter, you can sub a Domestique. GC and Sprinters cannot downgrade to Domestique.
- General Classification Rider: GC Riders must complete the SGMGR segment in under 25 minutes.
- >25:00 = -5 league points
- >26:00 = -10 league points
- <24:00 = +5 league points
- KOM = +10 league points
- Sprinters: Sprinters must be in the top 5 at each prime or lose 2 league points (each fail)
- Domestiques: Domestiques earn +2 league points for each section they stay with the main group (as arbitrarily and hastily defined).
- May 8th: Nacho Classic 10 (top ten place = score, primes -2, lowest wins)
- May 15th: Nacho Classic 10 (top ten place = score, primes -2, lowest wins)
- May 22rd: Nacho Classic 10 (top ten place = score, primes -2, lowest wins)
- May 29th: TTT (teams start in reverse order w/gaps based on points, 2nd person counts, real position wins)